It is difficult to overestimate the value of healthy teeth. They, and only they, are necessary to chew food and to begin high-grade digestion. Teeth play an important role in speech formation - they serve as walls near which lips, cheeks and tongue form sounds moving, that’s why the condition of teeth influences purity of speech of the person...
And they form an original protective barrier between the oral cavity and the environment. Now the aesthetic value of beautiful teeth, as a parameter of the social status has added to this.
But simultaneously teeth, probably, more than any other formations of our body, bring us troubles. Caries of teeth and illnesses of gums are ones of the most frequently meeting diseases of a person. Beside the habitual absence of the majority of teeth by 40-50 years, they bear in themselves germs of many illnesses of digestive system, which lead to the reduction of immunity because of blossoming of constant teeth and gums inflammation.
Therefore the importance of the prevention of dental illnesses is not already argued by anybody. Beginning of the preventive actions should start at early childhood, in close cooperation with the children's stomatologist. You together, for all life, will create the base of healthy habits of tireless care about teeth. Also you will provide to the posterity a healthy and beautiful smile and confidence with it.
The wrong hygiene is not the only reason of the occurrence of diseases of paradont fabrics. They frequently appear on the background of the general complex of diseases of the organism. They are diseases of blood, diabetes, endocrine diseases and diseases of a gastroenteric tract. In America there is the whole institute engaged in finding out the reasons of the occurrence of the given illness and the one who will find it out, the Nobel Prize waits for. I shall recommend the following easy procedures which will reduce the risk of occurrence of a problem to a minimum.
1. Attend the stomatologist twice a year (remember that to warn the disease is always more easy, than to struggle with its complications).
2. Don’t be lazy to look after your oral cavity (to clean teeth twice a day not less than three minutes, carefully massaging gums).
3. Take vitamins (do not neglect the firm food: carrots, apples, etc.)
4. Consult the stomatologist, and it will choose an individual tooth-paste and an elixir for rinsing mouth for you.
5. In domestic conditions use "dental stations" including electric tooth-brushes and irrigators for clearing remote sites and a hydro massage of gums.
6. Change tooth-brushes in time (basically the modern kinds are supplied with colour indicators of wear).
7. Use dental strings (instead of the habitual toothpicks rendering the trauma for the gum). And then your smile will be beautiful, and gums will be healthy and strong.